CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jim's Birthday!

2/8/09
Jim turned 31, which makes him officially an OLD MAN! ha ha ha Ask him, he'll admit to being old. We had a fun dinner with his parents, who came down to help us celebrate. Jim requested angel food cake with frosting on it, his usual birthday cake. Here is Grandpa, with the traditional birthday torch!
Here is Grandma, the woman who waited and waited and waited for years, and then gave birth to Jim and still loves him after all these years!I think Jim had a pretty good party this year, he got some sweet presents! This one had him a little confused, but Grandma sure got a laugh out of it - and so did the boys. They thought it was hilarious! Too bad the picture doesn't show it better. It is a popsicle stick with a marshmallow on either end...the only way Grandma could wrap up an olympic-sized weight bar without it being too obvious. Pretty clever!
Here is the real deal after it was brought out of hiding.The boys and I gave Jim catalogs so he could look through them and find "the perfect bike". It came with the financial backing to go and buy one. I actually went and was going to buy one for him and surprise him, but went to one store and the salesman actually told me to go somewhere else if I wanted a good bike! So, after visiting a few stores and being surprised by sticker shock and by how many variables there were in buying a "real" bike, I decided to let him choose it out himself.
Happy Birthday, Jim! And here's to at least another 31 more!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to Jim. And I think we better keep living up 30 before it turns into 31...