Here's a little story about my political activities:
The "main road" right outside our street, where it ends and hits another road (a road which has 2 names, by the way)...that intersection is very very dark. The "main road" is Link Rd, and it intersects with C&S - or Marksheffel - depending on if you're going to turn left or right. So, that intersection, it's scary. You can know for sure that the intersection is there and still be in danger.
Coming home from "town", driving on C&S, planning to turn right onto Link...you can flat-out miss it! Or, since you know its coming up, you slow down and drive way slow for a mile! Not to mention the fact that if you're coming the other way from driving on Marksheffel you come out of a turn in the road and truly drive past Link, not knowing you've missed it. Or, the fact that if you're on Link your headlights are the only think alerting other drivers that the street is where you are at the moment.
I called the city. Can we put a light up? I was ready to go see people, fill out a petition or something involved like that. Well...I left a message and when it was reterned a week later, I was told to call guy #2. Called guy #2, who told me I needed to call guy #3. Guy #3 was my man, and I explained to him I wanted a light at the intersection. Do I live in the house there? No. I just drive that way often, and think it would be safer to have a light there. He'll check into it and get back with me. Great!
Not even a few hours later he got back with me! Yes, they have power there so it could go up. Yes, his boss said it would be ok. When? He can't make a promise, but sometime within a few months. Not even a month later, Feb. 9th, this is what I see:
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Running for Mayor
Posted by Lisa at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go Lisa! If I lived in your town, I'd vote for you!
See what can happen when you ask just a simple question! YOU ROCK MY WORLD! I would so be enjoying that street light if I was living there. Heck I'm not gonna let that stop me, I'm enjoying it right here right now! miss ya
What great accomodations from your city. That's awesome.
Post a Comment