CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reading Glasses

Eric had been saying "my eyes are blurry" for a while, so at the beginning of February I finally decided that since we had eye insurance I'd take him to the eye Dr. Between Jim and I, the kids are doomed to need glasses of one kind or another. Either that, or because Jim is blind from reading out, and I'm good until I read (and even then I'm ok if its not for a long time) - maybe because we're opposites the kids will be just fine?

Well, the trip to the eye Dr. was interesting - I could tell Eric wanted glasses because he kept saying "I can't see it" to things that I'm sure he could. The Dr. even said to him "I can tell you're a smart kid, so I'm going to talk to you like an adult. If you need glasses you're going to get them. But, you have to tell me the truth. You're probably getting glasses, so don't worry. If you need them you'll get them. But, tell me what you can see and what is blurry so we get you the right ones" After that we got better results!

His prescription is so low that you can't even buy him glasses at wal-mart or wherever off the shelf. A week or so (and some of Jim's hard-earned money) later, they were ready. I was glad they came in as fast as they did - Eric kept asking me if they had called yet! He seemed to think he was really cool with his glasses on, and knows to be careful with them! Here he is reading.
Eric really is a big reader, he loves to read! He will stay up for hours in bed, when I think he's asleep, and he'll be reading to finish a book! Last summer he was so excited about the summer reading program - he finished the entire program in just a couple weeks because he kept reading and reading to get it done! Good for Eric! May he forever enjoy reading (and never loose those glasses!)

0 comments: