We blessed Kate on November 11, 2008. It was nice to have family and friends join us. Grandma and Grandpa came down, and brought Brian, Matt, Suze and Alex. We were also lucky enough to have the Seavers come down to join us for the event. Kate was blessed by her dad with Grandpa, her 2 Vinton uncles, Jay Seaver, Matt Farnsworth (our neighbor), and Bishop Hatch. It was a nice blesseng - as far as I could tell. I was very frustrated that the microphone was not close enough to Jim's mouth for us to hear. I think we would have been ok if it weren't for some very loud children in the crowd behind us. It was a sad thing for me to have to struggle to hear, and miss some of her blessing. But, all in all, it was a nice day. It was really good to have friends and family join us. We didn't get pictures taken of everyone - shame on me! But, here are a few of Kate.
Here she is in the dress Grandma made for her.
Here we are, staring at each other. I thought it was cute that Jim got this on camera - I love how she (and all babies, but you know) will just stare at and study my face!
Here she is on dad's shoulder. How cute! There is something just adorable about a baby looking over a shoulder - especially my cute little Kate and her dad!
So, here is the rest of the story. She messed her pants, and the onesie, and the dress - before I got very many pictures taken. I never did get "the picture" of her in her blessing dress that day. So, a week later I put it back on her and took some more pictures. I'm still not sure I got "the one" but at least I have some! Here is the full view.
And, this is her little bracelet that Aunt Jenny made for her. Adorable! (I have one to match! Thanks Jenny!)
Monday, December 22, 2008
Kate's Blessing
Posted by Lisa at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a beautiful dress! I love her hairbow too. Cute cute baby.
Love it! She looks adorable!
Post a Comment