So, pretend I actually posted this blog on Sept. 12...that is when it was written, but I haven't put the pictures to go with it until now...
I woke up one Monday morning in June and was almost frantic about having to make a quilt for Kate, and I just HAD to paint the boys' room. Well, the boys' room is painted, but now I'm working on other projects to finish it off to be a "complete room". So, sorry my friends, no picture of that until its done.
Last night I finally finished binding Kate's quilt! I am so excited! I was surprised how quick and relatively easy it was for me to make without someone holding my hand...although I did make a few phone calls in the process. But, it was finding the time and "the moment" to do it which made it take so long. I patterned it after one I found online for $160 that looked within my ability to create. I must say that I'm happy with my work - we won't talk about the struggles or the imperfections that make it definately Lisa-made.
Jim says "that's a lot of pink" even though I told him there was the exact same number of pink diamonds as there were green diamonds. He'll get used to it or just not sleep under it. I'm glad to have it done and feel like she can come now (except for the fact that we don't have much else for her or a hospital bag packed yet). I did buy some diapers last week...and we have a few ADORABLE outfits...and we have the car seat still, so she could come home in one of the 2 or so newborn/0-3 mos. outfits we have for her. Despite not being very "prepared" I'm just about ready for her to come-I'm getting tired of being fat, pregnant, tired, having heartburn, not sleeping well, and I'm getting a "little bit" emotional. Its still much better than I was feeling with Michael at this point - the last 8 weeks or so are hard. But, we only have 6 weeks to go!
Here are pictures of the quilt: the front with diamonds and the back with the brown (I tried to make it so the back could be used as the top if we wanted a change).

Monday, September 22, 2008
Kate's Quilt!
Posted by Lisa at 2:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. I love both quilts. They look so cute. Great job. You are so talented.
Nice work Lisa! I really like the black and pink one...very contemporary! Love it! I cannot believe Kate will be in your life soon. That means our birthdays are coming up too! Maybe she will come early and say happy birthday to you!
Post a Comment