CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Jicama, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, and Honeydew

I get emails from a website that inform me of what is going on with Kate's development each week. I got them when I was pregnant with Eric, and they helped me know what parts of our little one were developing each week. They told me when he had little fingers and when he was growing hair on his head, etc. I got the emails when I was pregnant with Michael and it helped me stay in touch with what was going on, but it did seem a little redundant because I'd "been there, done that."

This time around, I read them for one reason - to find out how big our little one is. In the first few weeks/months they compare the baby's size to things like kidney beans. But, lately I've been looking forward to our emails to find out which fruit we are most like this week. The email will say something like "baby is ___ lbs. this week, about the size of a ___" I was happy to find out one week that we were a pineapple! So, naturally, I used it as an excuse to buy a fresh pineapple that the boys and I devoured while trying so hard to save some for Jim when he got home. Here is a picture of our little one, taken Sept 5, which was the week Kate weighed "about the size of a pineapple!"

Didn't they look like they were the same? So, if you're curious about what fruit we are this coming week, email me Tuesday and I'll let you know after I get the email!

1 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love your cute maternity outfit. Blue looks so great on you!