CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Amazing Husband!

So, in case you don't know, my husband Jim is pretty amazing! He has been pretty busy lately. He is doing such a good job being a dad, maid, cook, etc...and looking for a job. Jim has been doing so much around the house that I feel quite pampered, its been a nice break for me. I think he may have felt overwhelmed at moments, but he hasn't complained any more than I would of in my moments. He's an amazing husband!

Monday after taking Eric to Karate, and waiting for him to finish, he went to the store and to take care of some other errands I asked him to do. When he arrived home, he was bringing in the groceries and Eric was bringing in these:

Now, looking at roses, you can't argue that he's amazing! Eric and Jim, without any "hints" from me, brought me flowers! What a great guy he is---and what a good example to Eric!

So, Wednesday Jim and I spent all day driving to and from a little place called Pueblo, CO. He had a job interview at 1:00, so with a 2 hr. 19 min. drive, we left at 10. Grandpa volunteered (yes, volunteered--he's amazing too!) to watch the boys all day so I could go with Jim. By the end of the interview (2 hrs. later), Jim walked out of the St. Mary-Corwin Hospital with a JOB OFFER!!!!

We are moving to Pueblo! For those of you (ALL of you) who are thinking "where is Pueblo?" let me tell you a little something we've learned about our soon-to-be home. Pueblo is 2 hrs south of Denver on the 25 (I-25). It does NOT smell like the cows, although it is ranch land. By population, Pueblo is larger than Longmont. Pueblo has a Sam's club (no costco), Best Buy, Olive Garden (more than we can say about Longmont), and almost all of my other stores I've checked so far (no joann's, regretfully). Pueblo has some really charming Victorian homes that date back to 1900, but the neighborhoods that they are in are not very desireable. There are areas that are nicer than others, as in every city, but it seems different somehow in Pueblo. Pueblo is considered to be in the southwest, and I am hoping to find a house I like that does NOT have a stucco exterior. But, the biggest benefit is that we can grow Peaches! Peach pie here I come! Well, ok, thats not the biggest benefit, but it is a nice factor. Pueblo is also warmer than Longmont, which means less snow...but, the downfall is that I don't remember seeing any evergreens which I have amazingly come to like a whole lot. The overall landscape leaves much to be desired, as the mountains are distant and the land is flat (I hope we can grow grass in the backyard without having a HUGE water bill...everyone does that xeriscaping thing with rocks and small ugly bushes). If you want to go to the CO state fair, Pueblo is your place and you're welcome to come and stay with us!

When we got home and the boys were getting ready for bed, I told them that daddy got a job today! Eric immediately started to cry, so I had him come sit on my lap for a little while. He is sad to be moving. I talked to him about moving: there are good things, and there are sad things. Its ok to be sad, its ok to cry. We talked about moving a little more and then he said "I don't want to give away all our stuff. I don't want to sell our stuff!" It was then that I realized that moving must seem like the worst thing for this little guy who has spent all his life here at Grandma and Grandpa's house! I explained to him that we're taking everything with us. We're going to pack our clothes, toys, his bunkbed, etc...and then he pointed at our blue couch. Well, I explained that the couch is NOT going with us-it is stuck in the basement and the only way to get it out is to break it-but we are taking his dresser, mom's bed, etc... The blue couch has served us well, but its time has come. I would rather sit on my camping chair for a few months until we get "couch money" than move that blue couch with us. It is just old, and it scratched the floor as we barely managed to get it into the basement in the first place. It simply is not going out in one piece.

So, Jim will start working on the 31st, and the boys and I will go down with him and get an apartment. That week is Eric's spring break. Then, after that Jim will come home for the weekends and we'll go down there occasionally too. The boys and I are going to stay here to finish off the school year, soccer season, etc. I don't expect the boys and I to really "move" until after my family reunion at the end of June. In fact, we're currently planning to kindof "camp-out" in a 1 bedroom apt. until we get a house to move into. I refuse to really, fully move twice. My goal is to be in our own little non-stucco house before school starts in the fall. But, until school is out the end of May we'll be a communting family-sometimes here and sometimes there.

Good job getting a job, Jim! We're all excited to "move on" with life and for Jim to be employed and even have some health/dental/vision insurance coming our way! The people at the hospital seem really nice, and they're willing to train Jim, which is a definate plus. In fact, they were so impressed with Jim's CV (resume) and references (2 of the 4 they talked to) that they skipped the phone interview process and went straight to the face-to-face interview. They thought Jim looked good on paper, but when they met him--then knew for sure: Jim is amazing!

3 comments:

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WOW, that is wonderful news. I am so excited for your family. Pueblo is a nice little place. Ryan and I would drive through on our way to Los Alamos when we lived in Denver. It's great to have nice surprises.

Jeanette said...

Wow! Lisa, that is awesome!!! We were just in Reno looking at some model homes, and moving into a home seems like a daunting, yet totally exciting task. Good luck!!!

Shaunae said...

Hey Lisa!! How are you lady? That is great! Getting done with school and starting the first job and your first new area is so cool and scary and exciting! It's a whole new world of picking out paint colors for rooms and themes for kids' rooms, even though ours are pretty plain and mellow even when I tried really hard! I love the idea of growing peaches. We are currently in a townhouse that is 3 stories and has a small fenced in back yard and I can't wait to move and someday have trees in our yard and a bigger garden. I really want a corn patch for real corn on the cob. Good stuff! It's so good to get caught up on your life!