CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Leprechauns, Soccer, and Karate Belt Test

We've have quite the eventful 24 hours! Eric came home from school Thursday and told me all about leprechauns. They had come to school and hidden some treasure, and the class had done a treasure hunt, as well as made paper leprechauns. Eric told me all about how if you see one in your house you grab them quick, then you get their pot of gold! On Friday I was out by McDonald's and noticed they had Shamrock Shakes. They are SO good, and are a limited-time offer, so you better hurry and get yours before they're gone! Naturally, I had to have one. I brought some home for the boys...and this is the story I told them.

I was driving by McDonald's and saw a Leprechaun jump into the store. I went over to see if I could catch him, but he was gone already! Too bad! But, then, do you know what the leprechaun did? He made the milkshake machine so it would only make green mint milkshakes! The boys were SO excited about it, and enjoyed their shakes. They thought it was pretty cool. Michael even said "I like this leprechaun thing." Here is a picture of them enjoying their shakes!

Soccer started this week. Eric had to miss the first practice due to Michael's birthday dinner party. We went today to meet the coach, team, and play in the first game. Here is Eric taking a turn to kick the ball in.
Eric had been doing Karate since November or so. He is doing really well, and has waited all his life to be able to do karate like his dad. In fact, when he was 2 years old, we dropped daddy off at Karate and were going home for naptime. Eric threw a fit the whole, entire 1 1/2 hours, saying he wanted to go to karate! (We occasionally stayed there and watched daddy at his class, but needed a nap more this particular time) Now that Eric is in karate, Michael wants his turn. It will come eventually...but, for now, Eric is learning and progressing. He has been wanting a new belt since the first few classes-and today was FINALLY his belt test. Here he is doing a step-punch.
Here he is doing a rising block.
This is Eric doing a breakaway, with Sinsei Tanabe trying to grab him by the shirt.
As part of the test he had to block punches and kicks that were coming to him. Sinsei had Brian stay and help test everyone. When it was Eric's turn he got this funny smile on his face, and had a hard time walking up to the mat for his turn. Michael said "Eric is going to fight Brian". Eric did a good job, smiling all the time he was up against Brian. Here are a few pictures.This is what Michael did for part of the test, after I told him to be quiet and before I gave him some gummy bears to eat.
Don't forget to wear your green and check back sometime soon to see if Eric got his yellow-with-white-stripe belt!

2 comments:

The O'Neils said...

I love all the updates :) I am so sorry that we forgot Michaels birthday :( We tried to call the next day and got a machine :( It sounds like things have been REALLY good for you and your family!!!!! Did you hear about our new addition to the family? I am sure you were the first that Megan called but I still am going to think that I was :)I am so glad that you update your blog as much as I do. I reall miss you guys and wish the best for you and hope to see you soon!

Jen said...

I LOVE MINTY MILKSHAKES AT MCD's. I discovered them when I was pregnant with Gracie and I haven't stopped making my annual March milkshake runs since.