CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Valentines Day!

This year we had a fun Valentine's Day. I made a special dinner, complete with red juice and plates, and new plastic cups...nothing says fun more than food and decorations that are the color of the holiday, right? Well, at least the boys think so. Oh, and the red crepe paper decorations too. As I was decorating, it made me remember last year when we decorated their room with hearts and TP while they were sleeping, and even got caught doing it. (For a picture, go back to Feb. 08 in the blog if you want to.) Jim was working Valentine's eve, so I put paper hearts on the boys' door and in the dining room area. I think they liked it.

Here is our dessert, with a heart shaped brownie stacked like a cake in the middle of little round brownies. Yes, I even put strawberries on top. The powdered sugar attacked as I was trying to lightly dust it on top, but it tasted good.
Eric seemed to really catch on to the idea this year. He spent quite some time making valentine's - which ended up being just one valentine. I will show 1/3 of it here. Notice directions on how to open. Also, see "do not trash"! He was making the valentine and asked me "If I put a trash can with an x on it, does that mean don't throw it away?" I wasn't sure at the time, I just figured he was connecting real-life things and making his own idea for clarification. Well, that's what he put on the Valentine. Good thinking!Michael was allowed to attend (because I was helping) Eric's 1st grade party. He was so happy to be able to be a part of the party, and even have an ice cream sundae. (see picture of Eric posted earlier in the random pictures post) He also made a valentine or two, mostly drawing and then cutting up the paper. Sorry to have no pictures of them.

Jim was home on Valentine's Day, and that was enough to make it nice for me! Happy Valentine's everyone!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Can I just say....YUM!

Camille said...

I am impressed! Seriously!