CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Fruitcake Toss

Jan 2, 2009 we went to the annual fruitcake toss in Manitou Springs. Chandra and I went with all the kids to see what it was all about. It was really cold! They have throwing competitions for every age. Eris was sad we got there too late to get him in on the action, with a saran-wrapped and then foil wrapped piece of cake. Thay weigh each piece, and measure every throw. Thay also have a competition of throwing by "machines". You can build your own catapult or sling shot and compete for the furthest distance! It was great times, despite the cold. Next year I'm going to take some hot chololate and get there earlier so the boys can have a turn throwing!

Here is a picture of the kids watching the competition: Arhan, Michael, (stroller wheel with Kate), Eric, and Caper.This is the mascot: a piece of fruitcake! The two guys out there are measuring how far a piece went.So, Eric became very interested in making an invention to throw fruitcake - and what is fruitcake? I decided that since he was so interested I should take the thime to teach him a little about it. The next few times I went to the store I looked for some, and finally found some! Here we are, trying it. Michael, Jim, and I decided that we didn't care for it much.Eris decided that he liked it! (I guess someone has to!) So, he got to eat the rest of the cake, a little piece at a time, in his school lunch.

0 comments: