Kate is 2 weeks old today! I thougth I'd give a recap of her first 2 weeks for those of you who don't live here...its been pretty busy! More has happened than it should have - we've been pretty busy for having a newborn around!
Eric has learned to ride his bike without training wheels! He actually did it on the 9th, which was the night before Kate was born. But, here is a picture of him having a great time, finally able to ride without those training wheels! As he was learning, he kept trying and trying, convinced that the only way to get started was going down the driveway of a house behind us - it was his magic charm that he used to get going. By the next day he could get started without the driveway, and he's riding all over the place now.
When Kate came home from the hospital, she brought the boys a present. They were so excited to get sparring gear - now they can really fight in the dojo! Here are the boys trying on their new gear! (Yes, it was right after they got home from church that they got to open the present, so enjoy their church clothes with sparring gear. Do I sense an internal conflict here? war or peace? hummm....)
Eric had his turn for show and tell on Tuesday the 14th, so at 4 days old Kate went to school so Eric could show her off. He was so excited to show the class his new sister! After he showed her to the class, the children were allowed to ask Eric questions. My favorite was "Why do you like her so much?" The answer "Cause she's cute!"Grandma and Grandpa came to meet Kate on the 15th. We had a nice time, and Grandpa seemed to be especially proud to have a grandDAUGHTER.
The 15th was my birthday! Yes, I am the big 3-0! I had a pretty relaxing day, and it was the first time I've had my mom around for my birthday since my 17th! She even made me my dinner of chicken devon and ice cream cake the real way - baked Alaska! Yummy! Thanks mom!
This outfit was from Aunt Jenny...and gave the Dr. and his nurses quite the chuckle. As of today (when we got her checked, again, to see if she's Jaundice), she's had her bili levels checked 5 times, which means that she's been back to the lab quite a bit - and I've been out and about more than I ever intended to be after having a baby. Thanks again to Mom-O for her help getting where we needed to be. And, yes, Kate, you are not a boy!
Kate at a week old.
Here she is with Mom-O, right before Mom-O had to leave. Mom-O was such a lifesaver for us, I cried the whole way home from the airport shuttle stop. I don't know what we would have done without here here. Thanks for coming Mom-O!
The other thing that has happened is that I can fit back into my clothes! This is an amazing thing for me, I'm so excited to have a "new" wardrobe to wear! I'm not back into my pre-Eric pants yet, but here I am in my pre-Kate clothes already! My body is doing much better after Kate than I did at this point with the other kids, it has made quite the difference in my life! I've been able to do things that I really shouldn't have at this point - I've been to Wal-mart, Costco, Target, etc...and I didn't feel faint every time I stood up for a few days after giving birth, which had happened with the boys. Yeah for feeling better than expected!
Also in the first 2 weeks of life, Kate met Uncle Doug and Aunt Layne. They came for a visit and even took the time to winterize our sprinklers for us! Kate also met her first friends - the Farnsworth family.
Kate is a very quiet, peaceful, and not demanding little girl. She doesn't cry when she wakes up to eat! She quietly looks around for food, and I wake up to little baby sounds. The baby monitor doesn't really work for her because she is so quiet I can't depend on hearing her through it! She has just in the last few days started to get a little loud when her body is struggling with gas - but even at that, she doesn't cry or scream as bad as her brothers did! She is the sweet, little, child that I deserve! And, despite being in pink clothes and sometimes pink blankets, Jim has taken to loving her just as much as I do (well, not just as much, but almost...I am the mother, after all!)
And now, a few more pictures of Kate - since I know that is why most of you were probably checking the blog today anyway. This one was taken at 12 days old.
I took Kate outside today for a 2 week old baby photo shoot. I didn't get "the picture" I was wanting to get, but I did get some pretty good ones. I think she enjoyed being outside, until the wind started to softly blow.
So cute!
Open wide and show the Dr. your tongue! ha ha ha I thought it was cute! How could it not be, she's an adorable little thing!
8 comments:
I'm impressed with your wearing of prepregnancy clothes again. I don't think that I have even made it back to my pre-#3 clothes yet! Cute little Kate.
I love how EVERYTHING is Pink :). She is beautiful and sounds like everything is going okay :). We can't wait to see you in a month!
Wow! Everything is Pink. I don't even have that much pink in my house I have 2 girls. I do like the little pink/brown outfit. I want everyone to know I am the first to hold her (well after papi). I am so glad that Kate is here.
I love that all is pink. That is the way I felt when Sam was born. Jason bought blue stuff for her just to balance it out. Who needs balance, I say! Way to go for getting out and about. Yeah, I could so not do that after Sam. I'm thinking you are feeling so well because you did not get an epidural. What do you think?
She is an absolute doll! So pretty in pink!!
:) Annie
Lisa! My cous! How are you doing!? Your baby is soooo cute! She looks like her mommy! I'm glad that you are doing well. I've been trying to get ahold of your ever since you had your baby! Call me sometime!:)
i am glad to hear that the doctors enjoyed the outfit...see i told you some one would like it... tell jim it is not that bad after all.. ahahahahha
She is very cute. When will we see her in person? Can't wait.
Post a Comment